Driving home, I plugged in my phone--battery life was on "low power mode," and I started getting notifications galore. When I came to a "safe and complete stop," I checked my phone. I had some dating app "likes."
Confession. I don't like to deliver bad news. So....
I'm struggling with how to respond to "online guys" who aren't my type.
- Some have the most beautifully written profiles, but I don't find the writer attractive.
- Some guys ARE attractive, but their profile prose doesn't exist, is arrogant, too bawdy, too sexual...lots of reasons why their exteriors are more lovely than their hearts/souls/interiors.
- Some like the wrong college team. Sorry. I bleed burnt orange.
- Some guys simply don't smile or have not met my "non-negotiable" requirements.
A new character entered the story! I'll call her the "Scorned Woman." I immediately knew when I got a "Meet Me" alert that this profile name was BOLD.
The truth is stranger than fiction!
She was wearing a white hat warning people about the black-hatted cowboy doing his normal thing--swindling women.
- Sometimes people want you to unlock a box more quickly than they are ready--don't pry the lock.
- Sometimes YOU will be asked to unlock a box before you are ready. Don't. You own the key to your heart, your mind, your thoughts, and your spirit.
- Sometimes there are MANY boxes and choices and it's overwhelming.
- Sometimes you open a box to find it empty.
- Sometimes there are no more boxes.